I have a 2008 8hp 4 stroke tohatsu that is used for pushing my sailboat. The engine runs for maybe 30 minutes when we are motoring out and 30 minutes when we are motoring back a few hours later. Obviously we don't use much fuel.
The tank sits in the cockpit of the boat, with the vent open. We don't have a vented locker for the tank, and I don't want to keep it in an unvented locker where fumes can accumulate.
Am I creating problems? Should I take the tank home and store in my garage each trip?
How long should I keep gas in the tank before I discard it? Where can old fuel be safely discarded?
The tank sits in the cockpit of the boat, with the vent open. We don't have a vented locker for the tank, and I don't want to keep it in an unvented locker where fumes can accumulate.
Am I creating problems? Should I take the tank home and store in my garage each trip?
How long should I keep gas in the tank before I discard it? Where can old fuel be safely discarded?

