Logo

How mucg gas??

Howdy everyone. I have a 15 HP Johnson 2 cycle, vintage 1988. It will be pushing around a 14 foot aluminum v hull fishing boat, usually with 2 people and a trolling motor. I have a 3 gallon gas tank. A fishing day will be on a lake, with a mix of trolling with the gas motor, and running from place to place to anchor up and do some casting. I have no earthly clue if a 3 gallon tank would get me through a day like that. What do you think?? This is my first boat, so I have no experience to call on.

Thanks,

The Waco Kid

LOL, just saw my title. Should be 'How much gas?" !!

Howdy everyone. I have a 15 HP Johnson 2 cycle, vintage 1988. It will be pushing around a 14 foot aluminum v hull fishing boat, usually with 2 people and a trolling motor. I have a 3 gallon gas tank. I have no earthly clue if a 3 gallon tank would get me through a day like that. What do you think??
Last summer I pushed a 16' aluminum V with 4 people using my 9.9. We used my 6 gallon tank but kept the 3 gallon aboard as a reserve. As I recall we could easily get 2 days of fishing out of the 6 gallon before we switched tanks....and that was even with some reserve fuel left in the 6 gallon.

KJ

Back