Logo

Hope not to get shot

wizard

Regular Contributor
With all the know how on the f

With all the know how on the form I hope just maybe someone can help. I have a 1983 Yamaha Enticer 340 snowmobile. I have had sitting around for a long time always wanting to fix it up. Well now that I have some time to work on it so if someone would nave a old book they are not using I sure could put it to good uses.

"What is it a 2 stroke or four

"What is it a 2 stroke or four stroke. first thing i would do is drain the gas and pull the carb and give it a good cleaning.

It have spark? Maybe thats the first thing you better check. See if the motor moves and you have spark then you halfway there. Compression also before you rebuild the carb.

You will have to induce some sort of oil in the cylinder / s.

I hope i made sense, i cant tell you how many snowmobiles i messed with upstate ny.

Good luck Frank."

"just Google it, and take a lo

"just Google it, and take a look. You MAY find a Manual posted online. If not, try E-Bay for the book.
I messed with a lot of OLD Ski Doo ( 65 to 67 ) Sleds.
After that, I restored an old 77 Arctic Cat 440 free-air. Re upholstered Seat. Twin 32 Mil.Mikunis on it,130 lbs in each Cylinder. Cleated and studded track. Correct Tuned Exhaust. The thing had unbelievable torque.Without a Helmet shield it'd take your breath away wide open.When I got it,the front end had been run over by a Tractor. When I sold it, I'd say it was near new condition.
No good for trailing, though.Just a rocket.Single seat."

Thanks for the come back. Has

Thanks for the come back. Has good compression carb clean already new gas BUT no spark. mice have had a nice place to live. Wires that come from the stator eaten off. Sure could use wire schematic. If someone has schematic for this could you please let me know.

"Bet Bob worked on a couple of

"Bet Bob worked on a couple of sleds in his time HAH.

You think a new stator Huh with all the wires ?

Wish i was upstate ny now i know of a junk yard that has alot of rusting away sleds, but then it would be a crap shoot, better to go with new, maybe under a 100 bucks for one?"

Will have to wait till I get h

Will have to wait till I get home to down load. Looks like it could work Thanks Bob & Chiefalen

Back