Logo

honda bf8ah won't start

hello folks, i have posted here sometime back in regards to my motor not starting & the info that you gave me helped a bunch & the motor ran fine but i now have a new starting problem that i could use some input on. the motor sat for a month with the gas ran out of it, when i tried to start it the other day with fresh gas it would not start. i was getting gas to the carb but nothing to the plugs,dry as a bone, so i tried taking out the #10 screw plug & blew it out with compressed air, put it back in & it started right up on the 2nd pull with full choke. it idles & throttles up like it was brand new. shut it off & let it set for 3 hours & it won't start again until i take the #10 plug screw out & blow air in it. this i do not understand.could someone please explain what is happening ? it seems to me if the passage was blocked & the air cleared it then that would be problem solved.also is the a hole that i can't see in this #10 plug/screw & if not, what is it for? this one is zinc & is it a special part ? i would like to replace it with a steel one that i can hold onto with a parts magnet because i may have to do this on the ocean & it is hard to hold onto, thanks

Back