Logo

Honda BF50a alarm

deezo_fish

"the last time i ran my motor

"the last time i ran my motor the overheat alarm went off so i changed out the impeller. it ran good for about 2 hours and the alarm beeped about 5 times. it stopped and the motor ran uninterupted for another 2 hours. i shut the motor off at my fishing spot and when i decided to up and leave, the buzzer stayed on all the way back to the dock. any ideas what is going on? any help would be appreciated. thanks"

"Hi Just joined Forum. I have

"Hi Just joined Forum. I have a 2004 BF50a and the overheat alarm goes off and the console warning stays green. About 30 seconds after alarm , motor cuts off. I have the boat out of the water and using clam shell for cooling water. While running the motor the water comes out all pee holes. Water is quite hot at top . Any suggestions . Also where is poppet valve? I have had this to honda service they are no help. Thanks"

"2000 90HP removed poppet cove

"2000 90HP removed poppet cover (3 bolts) to clean poppet. Broke 2 of the 3 bolts. One I drilled through. The other I drilled slightly then tried to screw an extractor in it which broke in there. I cannot drill through extractor and cannot tap it to break it. Is there anyway to user another way to hold that poppet unit other than those 3 bolts? Maybe some marine tech or something until I need to clean the poppet again which will be years. If not, how much trouble am I in? Am I going to have to replace that whole jacket that the broken undrilleable hole/bolt goes into? I hope not as chances are some of the other bolts holding it will break too. Can you shed a little light on my dilema?"

Back