Logo

Honda 50HP outboard siren not working no sound from remote control

Robert Harrison

New member
Hi I have a 1979 Honda 50 HP outboard motor and the siren or horn won’t sound in remote control unit but when I bring earth to green wire with yellow tracer the siren works but when I start engine it continues to sound until I remove the earth wire .Does it mean the fault is in the power trim tilt relay or some where else can you help me please I would greatly appreciate it I don’t want to buy a new relay if it’s not the problem I await your reply Robert Harrison in Dublin Ireland I think your videos are great Dangan Marine I enjoy them but can’t find anything on alarm not sounding Please Help
 
I can't help much, but I can share that an alarm problem will NOT be located in the tilt/trim relay. To find where the issue is located is going to require some troubleshooting. Tough to wade through when it's right in front of me, but pretty much impossible for me to do over the internet.

Best of luck!
 
Back
Top