Logo

Honda 2006 BF225 Sputterbs

tomtemp937

"I have 2 2006 BF225 and have

"I have 2 2006 BF225 and have been having a problem with one.
First the motor when idling would just stall. Above 3000 rpm the motor would surge. I continued to run the boat offshore and when I returned I noticed the motor was running a little rough. I pulled the plugs and noticed #5 plug had the electrode bent closed. I open and regapped. After another trip I check the plug again and the same thing happened. I then pulled the heads and # 5 piston had started to deteroate around the outer edges. the other pistins had just a few pits in them. The machine shop said detonation and running lean cased this.
I also noticed that when running the boat that motor was not charging the battery. The boat has 2 motors, 2 battery selectors and 1 battery for each motor. When the barrtery selelctor was on 1 or 2 the motor did not charge. When the battery selector was on 1&2 the motor charged the battery. Leading me to beleive there is a ope ground some were when the battery selector is in postion 1 or postion 2.
When I pulled th boat out of the water I noticed the alumanum rails which are in salt water had coroded and the zincs were eaten up pretty good.

I am in the process of rebuilding the motor but am wondering if electrolis distroyed the piston or running lean?
Is it possiable the injector is bad because only one cylinder is chewed up?

I did change all the fuel filters and check fuel pressor and it was ok. I ran the motor on idle on AUX tank and it stilled stalled. I swapped out all sensors from the other motor. air body, low press fuel pump. and still stalled and sputtered.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?..."

they had problems with the o2

they had problems with the o2 sensors
that controlls fuelling

has to b under warranty

Back