Logo

Honda 130 showa tilt

A

Allen Ashley

"I have a 130hp honda year 200

"I have a 130hp honda year 2000....the tilt trim units runs up and down, dosent leak but the engine rises up after throtling all the way down quickly.. I know the motor should come up if I hit bottom .. it seams like maybe that valve is stuck open... Am I on the right track??"

I checked the fluid and it tri

I checked the fluid and it trickles out the resivor with the motor all the way up.. I had the tilt piston out a few weeks ago to change the o rings. Could it be that I have air in the system. The fluid seams foamy but I tried to run it several times to get the air out. How should I go about bleeding the air out. Thanks " just in time" it's seems from the other post that you know what you are doing

i tried but im not sure the co

i tried but im not sure the correct way to do it. could you explain the right way to do it...thanks

"trim it up
add fluid

use

"trim it up
add fluid

use the manual relief valve to lower, then tighten back up
wait 2 mins
trim up and repeat like 5 more times

you will hear a diffence when trimming it up"

thanks ... it definatly sounds

thanks ... it definatly sounds and runs better....I can still lift the motor by hand pretty easy.. im not sure how easy it should be..I will take the boat out tommorrow to see if it still kicks up on a throttle down..will post results tommorrow night

"It seams as if I have lost my

"It seams as if I have lost my torque in the down direction... it dosent torque down when I run it against the stand...it lifts the motor fine and the motor does come down when i hit the down button, but something is still not right"

took the boat out and it still

took the boat out and it still isnt right.. if i put it in reverse and give it much throttle the motor jumps up...it also jumps up when i throtle down quickly..

well change the o-rings in the

well change the o-rings in the manual relief screw
if it is not that then u got a stuck check valve somewhere

"alright guys I finally fixed

"alright guys I finally fixed it..the tilt piston has a piece that is mounted on the bottom of it...it is a flat round piece that has four tiny holes on the top of it and 4 tiny ball bearings ,four small post and four springs.. The springs go over the post which press down on the ball bearing which close off the holes.. When the pressure builds ( like if your motor hits somthing while running ) the fluid pushes on the ball and springs and oil passes through and the motor releases up... My problem was one the ball bearing had somehow got hung up not covering the hole...it sure feels good to have fixed it on my own .. Saving the money of a dealer repair is great but just knowing I got it and it didn't whip me is the best. Thanks guys"

Back