Logo

Helppppppppppppppppppp! 2003 4.3 L Volvo

joshua scribner

I have a 2004 stingray 19' with a 4.3 volvo. it was running fine when i put it up last season. i just tryed to start it and have no spark. i checked the kill switch and the contact is closed. any info on where and how to trouble shot would be greatly apprciated.

Re: Helppppppppppppppppppp!

I would use volt meter or light start tracing through your electrical igtiontion system to see what area is not getting 12v power. I had this problem last year and it was a loose pin connection on the engines main wiring harness connection point...but I have carberated boat ur probably FI.

Do you indeed have no spark (meaning there's no spark jumping the gap on the plug), or do you not have ANY power. The kill-switch usually disengages the ignition, it doesn't interrupt the spark from the ignition coil. That's a completely different problem than having no spark. Does the starter motor engage when you turn the key?

If you have no spark (enginge cranks, but it doesn't fire), start with the easy things like the distributor cap and rotor, spark plug and ignition coil wires, etc. If you turn the key and the starter motor doesn't engage, post more of what does happen. Are you getting any electical power to the dash? You sure your battery's OK and the terminals are tight?

first, the kill/safety lanyard switch does shut off spark, second they fail all the time, start with that harness, agree with craigo, the main cannon plug will sometimes get buildup and cause a crank/no start . get your meter and start checking.

Back