Hello and this is my first post as a new member.
I bought a 1965 Glasstron runabout and the project is going great. It came with a 1963 Evinrude 40 HP big twin with electric shift that was never mounted. The cables and wires were just cut off. I did test the shifting and it still works! I have a manual with wiring diagrams bit too generic of pics to see what components are missing. I test fired the old gal and she fired up!
1) I do not see a starter solenoid, voltage regulator or any type of junction box or fuses. Now, I can McGyver these but maybe I am just not finding them?
2) could any of you good sports take a picture of the innards of a similar make and model showing these components and where they are mounted?
3) missing the little gear on the top of the generator. I tried Marine Engine with model number 40362D but it shows a belt drive. Mine is a 40362DB Ser. E02440 BTW
4) I want to order a couple of Impellers but wary to order 18-3083 - Impeller 377230 from here is it correct?
As far as the Glastron she is turning out great after a million hours of work last summer. This boat is for my 17 year old daughter Caroline.
Separation of hull and deck, fiberglass repairs, new gel coat sprayed with 3M marine system, new floor, AWESOME! even though this was mny first restoration job. Not perfect but nice! Bought motor, boat and trailer for $200. She was in rough shape painted by brush with red barn paint! Yuck!!
Any help you can provide would save me more hours so thank you in advance! Want pictures?
I bought a 1965 Glasstron runabout and the project is going great. It came with a 1963 Evinrude 40 HP big twin with electric shift that was never mounted. The cables and wires were just cut off. I did test the shifting and it still works! I have a manual with wiring diagrams bit too generic of pics to see what components are missing. I test fired the old gal and she fired up!
1) I do not see a starter solenoid, voltage regulator or any type of junction box or fuses. Now, I can McGyver these but maybe I am just not finding them?
2) could any of you good sports take a picture of the innards of a similar make and model showing these components and where they are mounted?
3) missing the little gear on the top of the generator. I tried Marine Engine with model number 40362D but it shows a belt drive. Mine is a 40362DB Ser. E02440 BTW
4) I want to order a couple of Impellers but wary to order 18-3083 - Impeller 377230 from here is it correct?
As far as the Glastron she is turning out great after a million hours of work last summer. This boat is for my 17 year old daughter Caroline.
Separation of hull and deck, fiberglass repairs, new gel coat sprayed with 3M marine system, new floor, AWESOME! even though this was mny first restoration job. Not perfect but nice! Bought motor, boat and trailer for $200. She was in rough shape painted by brush with red barn paint! Yuck!!
Any help you can provide would save me more hours so thank you in advance! Want pictures?


