Logo

Help Reconise This Throttle Assembley

mcw

Contributing Member
Hi all
Could any help my reconise this throttle lever/assembly, ive been having issue for a while now, when engaging forward throttle the gear cable automatically engages in to forward gear, but what been happing is it gets stuck in forward gear when i come back to neutral, and it also getting stiff to move, have checked all cable and linkages on the v/p 290 sp leg all is ok and very smooth.

Ive taken the throttle apart now several times, clean and re-greased it up, there is inside 3 bearings and springs, 3 colors and several alu moldings

Could any one help me find out if its a serviceable item, is there any info on correct set up, or any other info that will tell me the manufacturer. the throttle its fitted to is a 1994 wellcrafty 20 excell sports cuddy, with a v/p 4.3gl/430b petrol engine

I don't know how easy it would be to replace it for another newer throttle.

Any ideas gracefully received.

mark

Attachments

• DSC_0060 (640x426).jpg
    DSC_0060 (640x426).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 44
Mark, I do not recognize that unit.
I will tell you that it requires the adapters in order to use the Morse 33C style cables, of which are typically used with the Volvo Penta.
images

I'm not a big fan of this arrangement.

Since the unit is giving you trouble, why not replace it with one that is specifically designed to work witht the 33C cables?

If you are open to a twin lever control, my prefered unit is the Morse Twin S binnacle control unit.
This requires a different mounting.... but will outperform the single lever style controls.
You will never have trouble with the Twin S, and you'll never go back to a single lever control..... seriously!
14819-1.jpg

Back