Logo

HELP Noticed alot of Oil or Fluff at the Prop

seewll

"I ran the 115 Johnson with th

"I ran the 115 Johnson with the water hose and noticed that there is alot of light brown fluffy oil, mixture. WHAT is going on? I did notice earlier that I had some dark oil while I had the motor all the way down, just setting. This is a 2 stroke. J115VLsss Is there a problem.?"

Likely the normal oil from the

Likely the normal oil from the mixture running down the exhaust housing. Pressure test the lower unit if it makes you sleep better.

"Just want to make sure this i

"Just want to make sure this is not a sign of some major issue. Is there a check valve that should keep oil from trickling into the cylinders while off, or could I have a cylinder not completly firing allowing the oil to pass through."

I think you will find that wha

I think you will find that what you are seeing is NORMAL.

"I pulled the plugs and think

"I pulled the plugs and think I may have some not firing. If I buy a new power pack is there any set up that will need to be done? I will attach the pic. is there a test I can do with a multi meter?
62325.jpg
plugs

"The one to the left looks rat

"The one to the left looks rather 'non fireing'. test with a multimeter(peak reading if possible), You should have around 250Volts into the coil (out of the powerpack)."

Back