Logo

Help Joe or anyone Need year model of 120hp Evinrude

C

C. Hilbun

Guest
" Hi everyone! I need the year

" Hi everyone! I need the year of my 120hp Evinrude. The only number i can find is located on a plug top in the head of my motor. it reads

RPH
0432807

Any help will be greatly appreciated from down here in Baton Rouge, La.!!! "
 
"The RPH stands for "Repla

"The RPH stands for "Replacement Power Head" and the number is simply a serial number of the replacement. It tells us nothing about the year of the engine.

There should be a plate on the port (left) transom bracket of the engine (bracket that bolts to the boat) which would have the "Model" number and the original "Serial" number of the engine. If this engine is a later model, it may have a stick on type decal at the top back portion of the swivel bracket.... between the swivel bracket and the exhaust housing of the engine (exhaust housing is the log housing between the powerhead and the lower unit).

We would need the "Model" number to determine the year of the engine. If you cannot fine the model number and are handy with a digital camera, take many pictures of the engine from all angles.... the hood, powerhead, close ups of the powerhead linkages etc, cover it all and send it to me via e-mail (You have my address). I might be able to come up with something from the pictures. If not, I could post a hyperlink for others to view them elsewhere.

Joe
"
 
Thanks Joe. I guess i will ta

Thanks Joe. I guess i will take those pics. b/c there is no number plate to be found
 
Back
Top