Logo

Health Update (No Engine Info)

joereeves

Gold Medal Contributor
Not too far back when I rejoined MarineEngine.com, I included a notice to a member that had asked in not so many words "Where have I been?", to which I replied that I encountered a major health problem, had major surgery, organ removal, ICU, rehab, etc.... you know the routine.

Now that some time has past, you've probably noticed that I've been fairly active on the board. I started pushing myself to get back to my normal weight and little by little started doing a mans work around the house... heavy duty yard work (ugh!).

I find that I am just about able to do anything that I did before I encountered this PITA problem... cut the grass, weed whack, rake, plant whatever needs planting, spreading topsoil and mulch, you name it. I haven't climbed up on the roof to clean it off yet but I'm sure I can handle it.

I've gave the cause of my recovery a good amount of thought, and of course the surgeon (Dr Mark Baker) did have his hand in it...............

But I keep wondering about those wild women, the late hours, and the cheap booze! :cool:

Don't know ya other than reading lots of your posts in various sites on the internet, but glad to hear you're feeling better (I had read the post you mentioned).

But I keep wondering about those wild women, the late hours, and the cheap booze! :cool:

LOL, well there's your problem, you need to buy better booze.

all of us were glad to see ya back Joe..stay off the roof..actually now is a good time to get rid of all the chores that you rally hate around the house and farm them out..i am 77 and don't mind setting on a lawnmower but hate weed eating and edging..plus it had got to be an all day job with too many breaks..farmed that out and the guy comes in and is gone in two hours and yard looks better than it has in years...

all of us were glad to see ya back Joe..stay off the roof..actually now is a good time to get rid of all the chores that you rally hate around the house and farm them out..i am 77 and don't mind setting on a lawnmower but hate weed eating and edging..plus it had got to be an all day job with too many breaks..farmed that out and the guy comes in and is gone in two hours and yard looks better than it has in years...

I've been giving that some serious thought Papyson. Yesterdays work was just a little too much at 83.

Back