Logo

Handy Flush Attachment

rod_stewart

Outstanding Contributor
"Here is a pic of a handy litt

"Here is a pic of a handy little flush attachment I picked up at the local parts store.

It has a garden hose fitting at one end, with a valve, and hose adapters for 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4" hose on the other end.

This could be used for flushing out the whole cooling system, or individual manifolds/risers, whatever.

It also has an air valve so you can give it a shot of compressed air with the flush water to loosen up rust and other debris.

Just thought you guys might be interested.

Rod

220693.jpg
Flush Attachment

"Thanks for the picture Rod, I

"Thanks for the picture Rod, I was trying to make an image of it in my mind and came up with a much more complicated version. This looks great."

"Hey Bert;
That would be Prin

"Hey Bert;
That would be Princess Auto out here in Alberta. Don't know if you have them in your part of the world, but NAPA or Autozone should have something similar.

Rod"

"Ayuh,...

That looks alittl

"Ayuh,...

That looks alittle More than just plain ole Handy,....

Al,...
When you find an outlet to buy 1,...
Make sure you let Us know.....

It'd be nice to find 1 that went up to, oh say 1, 1/4",..?..."

"Bondo;
I found that if you s

"Bondo;
I found that if you slip a short length of 3/4" hose over the big fitting, then 1" and even 1-1/4" hose will fit over the 3/4", and a screw clamp will make it tight.

Rod"

"Ayuh,... Great idea Rod,...

"Ayuh,... Great idea Rod,...

I suppose you could do the same for most Any sizes larger that the barb...."

"Bondo;
Yes I think that woul

"Bondo;
Yes I think that would work.
I think I am also going to cut the 1/2" barb off the end, as I can't think of any hoses smaller than 5/8" that I would want to flush.
I think all the manifold and riser hoses are generally 5/8" and larger.

Rod"

Back