Logo

Gimbal Oil Check Valve Installation Problem - Need some help....

I just replace the bellhousing on my A 1 G 2 and decided to replace the Gimbal Bell Housing Gear Oil Lube Oil Check Valve while I was at it. Unfortunately I can't get the new valve to seat all the way into the bellhousing? It goes in but not far enough and not flush? I've hand tapped it with an oversized socket taking care not to damage or force the valve but no luck. Trying the old valve, it goes in but too far?

I believe the valve body should fit into the bellhousing opening with the two "O" rings into the body of the housing and the valve body be flush with the face of the bh allowing the valve itself to be proud..

Clearly there's a difference that I just don't see at the moment and I don't want to force it and take the chance of damaging it. I've used a caliper to compare the two and see no meaningful difference but clearly there's something that I'm missing... I purchased the part on Amazon and they claim it's a Quicksilver equivelant.
https://www.amazon.com/MERCURY-VALVE-ASSEMBLY/dp/B004QJN486/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pl_foot_top?ie=UTF8

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Ron

Back