Veteran6869
New member
Gas is getting into the engine oil and coming out of the dipstick hole. Engine stops running and won't start. Do I need to replace the carburetor? Thank you.
MarineEngine.com does not offer troubleshooting assistance or repair advice by email or by telephone.
You are invited to join our public Boat Repair Forum to seek assistance from other members.
You may also visit the Boat Motor Manuals section of our site to obtain a service manual.
Thank for your reply. I will check the diaphragm. I had the motor running good for a few minutes and then it died. Spark plugs were very wet and gas/oil coming out of dipstick hole. Could it be too much gas going through the carburetor or not since it was running good for a few minutes. What is "goosed"? Thank you.Take a good look around the fuel pump and make sure the diaphragm is intact, if it’s goosed, fuel will pass into the crankcase
ok Thank you. Also, when I had it running for a few minutes the low oil pressure light stays ON at idle. When I put it at half throttle the light went out but came back ON at idle. Maybe the motor is "goosed" I am NOT capable of changing out the oil pump if that is a problem. Thank you for your reply.I think ---" goosed "----Is equal to ---" Broken or KAPOT "
Thank you for your reply. I will take the fuel pump off. I will plug the fuel pump out port and pressurize using the primer bulb. I think if I do that, I should see gas coming out the plunger. Meaning the diaphragm is leaking, right?Hi Veteran, apologies if my slang threw you, “Goosed” is a polite word to describe funked. Is the oil milky at all (water) or does it smell of fuel. It’s fairly common for the fuel pump to fail and the fuel then gets pumped into the crankcase, the low oil pressure may well be caused because the fuel is thinning the oil the engine will shut down as it’s not getting enough fuel to the pistons and the crank will be dragging in the excess fuel. Go for it, take a look at the pump or refit your old one. All the best from a fellow (UK) veteran
YepThank you for your reply. I will take the fuel pump off. I will plug the fuel pump out port and pressurize using the primer bulb. I think if I do that, I should see gas coming out the plunger. Meaning the diaphragm is leaking, right?
Welcome home fellow veteran and Thank you for your help.