Logo

Gale sovereign 40 not pumping water

Danny33

New member
Hi everyone I recently bought a Texas maid impala that has the original gale motor on it that runs perfectly however I am having an issue with it pumping water I’ve had the lower unit off a dozen times but still can’t get it to pump water was just looking for a little advice
 
Tubes do not slide together.----Copper tubes must be installed into the exhaust housing BEFORE you install the lower unit.----If there are 2 copper tubes this model may have a thermostat.,-----If the motor was here it would be easy to diagnose this.----Pictures would help as well.
 
If it is similar to a Johnson / Evinrude of the early 1960's it should be easy.-----I can not see , touch your motor.----You look up into the exhaust housing.----Should be 2 grommets and one tube goes into each one.----Set them so they fit nicely into the pump housing.-----Install lower unit and it should cool properly.
 
Back
Top