Logo

Fuel Line Fittings

JJDebeers

Regular Contributor
Looking to replace some existing copper fuel lines with USCG approved rubber lines. My inline fuel filters have 5/16" inverted flare fitting. I also believe the Carter AFB carb also has the same inlet thread.

I'm looking for a fitting to adapt these to NPT so I can install barbed thread fittings. Would I need a male flare, or male inverted flare fitting?

-JJ

Yeah, they're actually inverted flare fittings. I did some research. Normal NPT fittings won't seal properly since there's no contact point like with a flare.

I found some 5/16 inverted flare to 5/16 hose barb fittings on O'Reilly Auto Parts website.

Thanks,
JJ

Yeah, they're actually inverted flare fittings. I did some research. Normal NPT fittings won't seal properly since there's no contact point like with a flare.

I found some 5/16 inverted flare to 5/16 hose barb fittings on O'Reilly Auto Parts website.

Thanks,
JJ

Determine how long of a hose you need. [leave this one alone] Then take your fuel filter and old copper fuel in to a local hydraulic hose shop. He'll determine which end connections you'll need for fuel filter and other end (fuel pump).

Thanks guys. I got what I need already: 5/16" inverted flare (male) per the filter manufacturer's specifications (also the same fitting for the Carter AFB carb). Fuel pump is a 1/8 NPT fitting, and I picked some of those up too.

Thanks again,
JJ

I replaced all metal fuel lines with A-1 fuel hose. Finding the correct fittings was a bugger!

1. My Framm fuel water seperator filters needed a male 1/4" pipe thread 90* to female 1/4" pipe thread. I used a 1/4" pipe thread 3/8" barb into elbow.
2. That runs to the intake side of the fuel pump. This is a 1/8" pipe thread 3/8"barb fitting.
3. The fuel pump output is male inverted flare 5/16" elbow to 3/8" barb fitting.(Flowline hydrolics has them).
4. Generic mr. gasket metal fuel filter with 3/8" barbs inline, before carb.
5. Edelbrock 3/8" barb fitting into carb ( had to order).

Back