Logo

Friday night party

greasemonkey

Regular Contributor
"Decided to dig in and let er

"Decided to dig in and let er rip,replacing the exhaust manny and mounts,clean it up a bit,looks like a tad bit off water in the #3 cyl. and 4 bolts came out easy but ole #7 got me just a bit right Jeff. Wonder if u guys got any suggestion as what I shoul do while I got this off.Notice theres no thermostat either on this side.What to look for?Pull the head?Sell the motor?Keep rollin?thanks for any input its welcome
375618.jpg
375619.jpg
375620.jpg
375621.jpg
375622.jpg
375623.jpg
375624.jpg
375625.jpg
375626.jpg
"

Looks like you have some work

Looks like you have some work to do! Your rear mounts have sagged some--hopefully not because of rotted stringers.

Jeff

"By rear u mean the ones at th

"By rear u mean the ones at the trannies,or both!Dont no much about this alignment business but it seems the feeler gauge only applies if the shaft is centered inside the stern tube.Seems the tranny mounts need to be brought up and then disconnect the coupler keep the shaft centered inside the stern tube then realign.The stringers I believe are foam core.

Dan"

"1.Time for an impeller(ja

"1.Time for an impeller(jabsco model)
2.exhaust hose peeled apart clogging the flow
3.Can salvage Heat exchanger I believe
4.The bad 2 bolts to extract at head
5.the good Heat ex and brand new osco 826 for 35.00 at west marine (If u have one near you check I believe all osco are discontinued)made my day

6.Is brazing the same as sweating copper pipe?for the heat xchanger
375780.jpg

375781.jpg

375782.jpg

375783.jpg

375784.jpg

375785.jpg

375786.jpg

375787.jpg
"

"Brazing is an entirely differ

"Brazing is an entirely different welding procedure from soldering. Considering the cost and complexity of the repair, I would leave it to an expert.

Jeff"

Yes you can solder brass like

Yes you can solder brass like copper But you must use acid core solder. clean with stainless steel brush rinse and flux good before you solder

Back