Logo

FREE Volvo Penta AQ131A with a 275 Out Drive

Davek

Hi all,

I was going to bring this to the junk yard, but I thought I would offer it up if anyone can use it. I have a Volvo Penta AQ131A with a 275 Out Drive. This is the situation. I needed a trailer. I found one that a guy had, BUT he had an old Imperial boat on it with this Volvo Engine in it. So I pulled the engine, complete, I cut the transom in half and pulled it with the out drive attached, so it has the bell housing as well. I then cut up the boat into small pieces and got rid of it in my weekly trash pickup. Anyway, I thought one of you may be able to use it. I am not sure if it is in running condition now, however I know it was in the water in 2009. You may be able to use it all, or just get parts and then scrap it. I will hold onto it for a week or so, so let me know soon if you are interested. Otherwise it is gone. Also i am in CT near Bradley International Airport. If you are not close enough to get it, don't bother, I am not shipping this thing! Anyway let me know if you can use it. I me be willing to pull some parts for someone and ship those (at your expense) before I junk it if that is better for you.

Thanks,
Dave

PS: I am new to the forum and am not sure if this is the right place for this kind of thread, sorry if I goofed!

There is a classified section to the forum so it should probably go there. I'd hate to see those get trashed. You might try Craigslist to see if anyone in the area is interested.

Joe,

I was planning to list it there in my area as well. I too hate to trash the stuff, I know there has to be someone out there who could use it, but where? Also I looked for a classified section on here, and I did not see it. Am I missing something?

Back