Logo

force 120 cdi boxes

jeepguyw/boat

New member
yesterday I had the boat running and noticed that cyl 3 and 4 where not firing. I checked that the coils where good off cly1 cdi box and got spark out of the coil packs. so i had a 1988 125 cdi boxes and coils and hooked that up. got no spark on all cyl's now and so I put the 120 cdi boxes back on and no spark on all coil packs. I checked trigger and stator with meter and got 47 on trigger and got 700 on stator for ohms they are good. I pulled the black yellow wire on the stop location and still no spark. i cant think that both boxes on both systems would go bad that fast at the same time. any help would be great.
 
figured it out, wire connections where corroded and not making good connections. also replaced one cdi box but it might still of been a good box since i found wire issue after i replaced the box.
 
Back
Top