Fixed it, had to shim the optical pickup sensor. While it was trying to run on #1. I by chance moved the harness to the Pickup sensor. Motor would start hitting on all 4. Used hole pinches, 2 different sizes to make washers from a plastic cover from Harbor freight. I had picked up a spark plug tester. That nasty plastic they come in. Worked perfect.
Made those 2 washers added under the screws. Ran it a few different days, motor runs like a new one. Its thirsty but sure runs good. Figure that was why I got the motor on the boat for free. No one could get it running. All the electrical stuff was new on it. So they had been chasing this issue for a while.
I picked up the 2001 Xpress X19 cheap, figuring the motor was junk. Now should be able to sell the motor for close to half of what I have in the whole deal. But it does run 39 to 40 with the 90hp on it. Just will not lift the nose enough to do anymore. Have a 6" jack plate, but keep being told Xpress have to have 12" plates for any motor to run well.