Logo

Faria Speedometer not working

comet424

Regular Contributor
hi I have a speedometer on my boat by Faria

it doesn't work in the water... if I put my mouth on the hose and blow it doesn't work if I put compressed air on the end it works I have pulled the hose off at the gauge and blew air through but still doesn't work in water and the white lever in the water is faced down on back of boat

what be wrong?

Not many parts to single out..pitot tube - hose - guage. If I remember right you should be able to get it to move a little by blowing on it by mouth.. maybe a leak in the hose somewhere or a sticky gauge. Or maybe a clog in the pitot tube itself. Had one break off at the nipple where the hose slides on before. Could be cracked/leaking there.

ah ok what it the pitot tube? and would it be cracked there you said its a hard dash to look at so I ill re look for a leak or a clog as if I blow by mouth I blow hard and I cant make it move

The pitot tube is the "white Lever" you spoke of on the back/bottom of the boat. It picks up water pressure as you move through the water. The faster you go the more pressure it sends thru the hose and to the guage.

Back