Logo

Exhaust housing and broken swivel bracket 1991 4 hp Deluxe

Lilcorky

New member
I have the swivel bracket ready to put on but the exaust tube is in the way. Do I unscrew the exaust tube off? Not a lot of room to unscrew. What do ?
 
I have the swivel bracket ready to put on but the exaust tube is in the way. Do I unscrew the exaust tube off? Not a lot of room to unscrew. What do ?
Dont understand what you mean by unscrew the exhaust tube off .

You will have to remove the steering bracket. to remove that you will have to remove the shift rod and to remove that you will have to take the gearcase off

I think quite a lot of work but no rocket science

Its virtually the same as my 6hp but Ive never taken the swivel bracket off.

Refer to the parts diagrams http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1991


Sorry no one replied last time you asked. I mostly live on another internet boat repair forum and don't often come here.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top