srecchia51
New member
First time poster.
How in the world does one remove the nut atop the pinion gear and sleeve on this American Bosch starter??? The wrench on the bottom of the gear and ratchet on the nut can hold it firm, but when trying to turn counter clockwise loosen that nut, it feels like it's welded. And I feel that if I put anymore torque on it I'm gonna strip something(especially the Bendix threads). Is their a trick or a special tool? I even tried heating the nut with a torch to 300F to break what i thought might be Locktite red. Help.
How in the world does one remove the nut atop the pinion gear and sleeve on this American Bosch starter??? The wrench on the bottom of the gear and ratchet on the nut can hold it firm, but when trying to turn counter clockwise loosen that nut, it feels like it's welded. And I feel that if I put anymore torque on it I'm gonna strip something(especially the Bendix threads). Is their a trick or a special tool? I even tried heating the nut with a torch to 300F to break what i thought might be Locktite red. Help.
Last edited:

