Logo

Evinrude 175 FICT ECU codes 81 81 etc all 6 coil packs

ridnlow

New member
"Hi all, I have a 2000 Evinrud

"Hi all, I have a 2000 Evinrude 175 FICHT, I have the evinrude software and hooked up my laptop after having the warning light come on. I had 8 codes , 2 with TPS, so I re-adjustd and got it fixed, and the other 6 were all 6 coil pack codes. I read on another forum possible ecu/emm having bad capacitor inside because OMC ecu/emm were not made that great compared to the BRP ones. Anyhow thanks for any help on what to possibly check, I also have a complete spare engine,but it does not have a ecu/emm on it, but everything else is there."
 
That usually means the ECU is

That usually means the ECU is bad. Generally when you do the spark test you will see it jump around instead of firing the one cylinder that you are testing.
 
"I belive you are right , I am

"I belive you are right , I am trying to get ahold of DFI technologies to get the ecu re worked or buy a newer one and have the software changed over, but I can not get ahold of them, are they the only people in the US that can do this work to a ecu?"
 
Back
Top