Logo

Drive way trials

walster

Contributing Member
"Still looking for answers and

"Still looking for answers and advice, ran the V/P 130c at idle speed on the driveway 900 rpm fed tap water via funnel inserted in the "in" side of the sea water pump, (was checking if the homemade flap worked properly)I could see a small stream of water trickling out of the intake grills and the hole on the bottom of the drive. Most came out the exgaust port I have read Bob,s post and I need to know:1 how is this going to be fixed is there an O ring or seal that is leaking? 2; What will the cost be aprox. if I do it myself? 3; could this problem cause damage if not adressed before sea trials this weekend? Now that the head is retorqued,valves readjusted,flapper fixed and fuel problem allmost solved I want to run it this weekend but dont know if I should can anybody let me know the risks?"

"Walter, can you describe your

"Walter, can you describe your funnel setup you have feeding the water pump? Is there any chance that water is getting into the hose that normally carries water up from the intakes to the water pump? Or is that hose completely out of the picture?"

"Sure can Bob,but after readin

"Sure can Bob,but after reading your post I think I may have scared myself silly,you see I never thought to plug the other hole in the strainer. The funel did overfill while I was setting idle and when engine stalled, will retest today .Sory to have wasted anybodys time with this and I am VERY GRATEFULL to all who have helped.Will repost results....Man do I feel dumb
crazy.gif
.....Doh!...........Walt....real sory."

"Driveway trials now complete

"Driveway trials now complete all went well thanks again Bob it was a water leak going in the other hole when funel was over filled. Cant explain how I missed that one .
uhoh.gif
Sure am glad it was nothing else,seal,Oring or worse cracked houseing.I feel more glad than dumb. So I wont be as much a bother I am going to order repair manual however I dont know wich one to order, I have the V/P workshop manual 4and6 cyl units but has no drive info. So I need to know clymer or seloc wich one has the best info for a 1975 V/P 130c 270 drive ? sea trials this weekend YA_WHO!
thumbs_up.gif
.....Walt"

"If you go to the local boat s

"If you go to the local boat shop, they should have all the manuals. My seloc covers all the 4 bangers and outdrive info.
Or, you can try the library. I know that my local library has ALL the manuals."

"Best of luck with the sea tri

"Best of luck with the sea trial, Walter! I would like to see a pic of your funnel setup sometime when you have a chance to take a pic of it."

Back