Logo

drain plug for oil changes

lscott

anyone have a good drain plug product that will drain without filling the bilge?

Looking for something that has a valve and tube to go throught the bilge plug that will completly drain the engine. last year I tried the throught the dipstick method and dont think I got all the old oil out.

Have used a Fumoto drain valve for my Diesel PU with good sucess

2000 Maxum 2300sc with 5.0 mercruiser alpha one gen II drive

Thanks

Does not your oil dip stick have a garden hose fitting on it to hook up a suction pump?

If it does then I will tell you what you need if not merc would have to have a way.

No way they are alowed to just dump oil into bildge like back in the '60's and '70's................

lscott;304286I tried the throught the dipstick method and dont think I got all the old oil out. [/QUOTE said:
Kghost I do have the garden fitting and used a electric transfer pump but only needed 3 qts of oil to fill it back up so i left 2 qts of old oil in last year. Trying not to repeat that.

Any one use the Fumoto valve with a hose to stick throught the bilge drain plug?

Thanks for the link Chiefalen

I use a Fumoto on my 4 cylinder, seems to work well. I just have a bit of an issue feeding the drain hose through the bilge drain hole, but no big deal once I stand on my head and use my mouth to guide the hose.:D

Bert

what Chief fallen posted, my boat came from the mfg. with one and it works great. run engine till hot,shut down engine, pull plug away you go. most of the dip stick type usually work good also.

Back