Logo

Doug Selbee

jwbmarine

Silver Medal Contributor
"thought i'd start a new p

"thought i'd start a new post--
----here is what i'd do,regarding the re-jetting of your engine----rejetting is a process,many times,just like trying diff props,for diff rigs...
if u r going up from standard size pistons---
.020-- 66 jets
.030-- 67 jets
as it sits in a good engine,the number 2 needs 2 sizes larger,and u r to test w/67 thru out,...my --- 97 200 has 67,and i put a 69 in # 2..i have a feeling,the 65 jets were running those too lean fr the get go..."

"When 'playing' with j

"When 'playing' with jets, nothing like a box of fresh spark-plugs. Gives quite a quick picture of what is going on.
Another option, but rather expensive: There was once a 'laboratory' plug called Colortune that had a glass insulator giving the opportunity to catch/see the color of the combustion directly. We used it a lot when I was loooooong time ago working at Archimedes Penta/Volvo Penta."

"i agree w/morten 100% on the

"i agree w/morten 100% on the new plugs,..but i would'nt start leaning it out,until well broken in,..on another note,i'd also run 100% synthetic outboard oil..once broken in--20 hrs or so.
and yet one more thought,..CHANGE those recirculation valves..."

"I will post some pics of my b

"I will post some pics of my block looking straight down into the rectifier/regulator opening.
To me, it is wide open down thru there.
The only structures that can be seen are the exhaust "pipes" crisscrossing thru the hollow block casting. I don't see anything that Marfab could drill out or open up.
I know you are pushing it, and I always value your input, but this mod is a mystery to me, and they will not specify exactly what they do.

10-4 on the recircs."

Back