Logo

Donbt assume all is well n Johnson V4AL16D 75HP

ko4nrbs

Regular Contributor
"I've owned my Johnson 75H

"I've owned my Johnson 75HP electric shift for two and a half years now. Did all the required maintenance when I got it, i.e. tune up, water pump impeller, carb kit, new oil in lower unit, etc. Well I always had excellent water pressure at the exhaust and the engine ran well. Decided to check the condition of the vernatherm(thermostat) and associated parts. The vernatherm was gone as well as the poppet valve it opened and its spring. I installed a new vernatherm, poppet valve(thanks Joe!!) and it's spring. The other poppet valve and spring were there.

Before the plugs always were black and very oily now they are dry and tan in color. The engine does run much warmer now but pumps water ok though not as much as it used to.

I wish I had not taken this for granted. Lesson learned!!
Bill"
 
Back
Top