Logo

Distributor wire 2012 4.3 Mercruiser in a 190 Searay Sport

11bwhayes

New member
I replaced 1 cylinder head on my 4.3 Mercruiser 2012 Searay Sport. When assembling the engine I can't find the 3-pin connector for the distributor anywhere! Does anyone have a pic or diagram that may help me find this connector?
 
I replaced 1 cylinder head on my 4.3 Mercruiser 2012 Searay Sport. When assembling the engine I can't find the 3-pin connector for the distributor anywhere! Does anyone have a pic or diagram that may help me find this connector?
That should go to the ignition module that is likely mounted on the port exhaust elbow
 
Any pics available? This has a coil an ignition module and an engine controller. is the connector a pigtail that plugs into the main harness? Thank you
 
Any pics available? This has a coil an ignition module and an engine controller. is the connector a pigtail that plugs into the main harness? Thank you
I dont have any Is this an MPI or carb engine ? google it you will find some. If carb the distributor sensor connects to ignition module harness which is separate from engine harness .

post some pics of what you have and engine serial number. Next time take pics before you pull it apart .

You can also use the parts diagrams on this site for your engine to help
 
This is EFI I took picks of everything else but, this was so simple I didn't think it would be a problem. I'll post pics if will help. I basically need to no where the distributor lead goes so I can trace it back. thanks for answering
 
This is EFI I took picks of everything else but, this was so simple I didn't think it would be a problem. I'll post pics if will help. I basically need to no where the distributor lead goes so I can trace it back. thanks for answering
You need a wiring diagram for your engine googl it should show you what wire colors match up

Also in factory manual for your engine if u have it really good to get factory drive and engine manuals got mine used off eBay for like $35 each
 
Back
Top