Logo

Distributer trigger

sullybe

Contributing Member
I just replaced the wiring har

I just replaced the wiring harness on my 1978 115 hp Merc. I still have no spark. I jumped the switch box like it says in the book and it fired going to ground like it is supposed to. Does anyone know of an easy way to check the trigger?

Thanks Dan

Your manual will also give you

Your manual will also give you instructions for testing the trigger. All you need is an ohm meter.

THe only thing my manual says

THe only thing my manual says about the trigger is to take it to a dealer.If anyone can give me instructions to test it with a ohm meter it would be very helpful.

Thanks Dan

Does anyone know an easy way t

Does anyone know an easy way to test a trigger on this old out board. I am leaning toward the switch box being bad because I have 12 volts going in and nothing coming out. But I have been told the trigger will also cause this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dan

"Disconnect all leads.
Brown

"Disconnect all leads.
Brown (without yellow sleeve) and white (with yellow sleeve) 1,100 - 1,400 ohms.
White (without yellow sleeve) and violet (with yellow sleeve) - 1,100 - 1,400 ohms.
Violet (without yellow sleeve) and brown (with yellow sleeve) - 1,100 - 1,400 ohms."

"My trigger is in the distribu

"My trigger is in the distributer, the only wires are a brown, black and white. Thanks for the help.

Dan"

Back