Logo

difference between the Qjet on a crusader 350 and the Qjet on a chrysler 360

westirmax

Contributing Member
Hey guys, just became the owner of a pair of carbs from a pair of crusader 350's( big blocks) I'd like to use them on my Chrysler 360's( 5.9liter small blocks) and was wondering what the difference between the metering rods and or jets might be.

I'd like to use them due to the fact my existing carb doesnt have the PCV port and I need to get that working.

Greg-
 
They usually have CL rods on the secondaries with 70 jets & 42 rods in the primaries with a fairly stiff spring under the power piston (on the big blocks)so I'm not sure what you refer to as "differences".... I'm inclined to think you'll have a bigger job getting the spreadbore to mate up with the squarebore manifold...

The throttle plate is easy to modify if you really want to add the PCV function....
 
the donor carbs are identical in the physical shape to my carbs. So the bore is the same. I was hoping to simple swap the carbs and see if it performs well.
 
didn't know Chrysler used the q-jets on the small blocks....I'd say you have two options: 1) tear down one of the old ones and see what's inside or 2) get the carb number off the old ones and see if you can find what's inside using either the factory service manual/parts manual/rochester documentation....

Like Jeff said, there won't be much change...I've looked up jetting differences between small & big block GM stuff and they are typically within 10%....if its off, its highly likely to be too rich so it isn't likely to hurt anything.
 
Last edited:
Right. Holley, Edelbrock and others sell off the shelf carbs for street engines that work just fine--without being touched.

Jeff
 
Did carb swap and the donars are no good, severe flooding, they are in need of rebuilding....the good thing is I was able to use the base plate from one of them that has a functioning PCV vacuum port to get my PCV system working properly. So it was win win! I get the better condition of my existing carb with the port i needed to get PCV operational.

Thanks guys for the help and info.

Also learned that there ONLY two "sizes" of Qjet carbs----750 cfm and 800cfm---the difference can be ID'd by a small bump in the accelerator ring in the bore....
 
Back
Top