Logo

DF6A Carburetor Float Spring

Gary1397

I am looking for a picture or drawing that shows how the tiny carb float spring is installed
The parts diagrams show it mounted on the float pin but it isn’t clear how it pushes or pulls on the float
I have read elsewhere that it isn’t required but currently about half the time my motor starts then stalls after a minute or so with no fuel in the bowl, I assume because the float is stuck in the up position after sitting for any length of time. If I remove the bowl and jiggle the float the motor runs perfectly all day even with multiple stops and starts.

Hi. I have exactly the same problem. When I opened the float bowl the spring was not there and I do not know if it should be there and how it should be mounted. In fact some times the float does not completely close the needle valve even if the chamber if full of gasoline so that the gasoline exits from the air intake and the engine stalls. If I open the bowl and jiggle the float, the engine runs smoothly and regularly. Any new hints about this problem?

Back