Logo

DF300AP Lower Unit Slips out of FWD

JHK

New member
Transmission slips out of FWD gear ay 2,000 rpms. Need a Lower Unit for 2019 DF300AP 25" shaft. I find advertised on web DF250/300AP. Is the lower unit on a DF250 the same as a DF300?
 
Did not try prop. Last outing I hit something and bent prop. Had ss-steel prop straightened and went back out on water makes loud buzzing noise when trying to plane. Back off throttle and noise goes away. Prop coupling looks ok.
 
Go to boats.net look up your lower unit, select it and scroll down to the bottom and you’ll find a list of models that share the same part.
 
I am going to try another prop just in case. It is hard to diagnose without putting the boat back in the water. Thanks for the resource, hope it is the prop, not the lower unit.
 
Pull the prop off and run it in a barrel or muffs. I wouldn’t think a prop would, bent or otherwise, cause the lower unit to jump out of gear. Worth investigating though.
 
Removed prop bushing - see pics. I was able to tap the old bushing out with a hammer and socket. Seems like it should be a tighter fit. Could this be my problem.
 

Attachments

  • Prop 1.jpg
    Prop 1.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Prop 2.jpg
    Prop 2.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Prop 3.jpg
    Prop 3.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Prop 4.jpg
    Prop 4.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top