Radman Dan
New member
Hey EVERYBODY!
New here, I run twin 140 Suzuki four stroke year 2009 2010
I have maintained these engines rigorously and they have over 3000 hours maybe 4000 but every 100 hours I change the oil and every 200 hours I change oil and filter
These inches are pretty hearty. I've had some issues: with oil cooler fails, stuck thermostats, throttle position sensors. But overall, super great engines. I am now having an issue with my port counter rotating engine. It is burning oil and smoking out the front of the engine or out the cowling towards the front of the engine.
I normally run around 4400 RPM, but backed off to 3800 RPM just above step reduces the smoking a bit.
There is an oil slick in the water after the engine is done running. There's no power loss. It just runs a little bit more shaky at low low RPMs just into gear.
Hoping it's a gasket or something simple. Could do a major repair(as I'm mechanically inclined), but hoping it's not.
Anyone seen this or know what I mean?
When Ive tilted the engine it seems oil has come out of a hole below the head, powerhead, and yet above the lower unit, under the secondary/lower (removable) cowling.
Kind Thanks, RMD
New here, I run twin 140 Suzuki four stroke year 2009 2010
I have maintained these engines rigorously and they have over 3000 hours maybe 4000 but every 100 hours I change the oil and every 200 hours I change oil and filter
These inches are pretty hearty. I've had some issues: with oil cooler fails, stuck thermostats, throttle position sensors. But overall, super great engines. I am now having an issue with my port counter rotating engine. It is burning oil and smoking out the front of the engine or out the cowling towards the front of the engine.
I normally run around 4400 RPM, but backed off to 3800 RPM just above step reduces the smoking a bit.
There is an oil slick in the water after the engine is done running. There's no power loss. It just runs a little bit more shaky at low low RPMs just into gear.
Hoping it's a gasket or something simple. Could do a major repair(as I'm mechanically inclined), but hoping it's not.
Anyone seen this or know what I mean?
When Ive tilted the engine it seems oil has come out of a hole below the head, powerhead, and yet above the lower unit, under the secondary/lower (removable) cowling.
Kind Thanks, RMD

