Logo

Confuse on Alpha one 2002 4.3 L

botaman

Regular Contributor
I have an 02 Larson with 4.3 V6 Mercruiser. How do I know if my sterndrive is an Alpha one or Alpha gen II. Thank you for your help.

Re: Confuse on Alpha one

Some times you can have a year before drive and motor in a boat. Sometimes 2 years the motor and drive.

Post a pic or post the numbers here and i'm sure the guy's can i d it for you exactly.

'91 was the first year. I too would think you have a 2. But once again it is not uncommon for a boat to have a year before motor and or drive on it.

Seeing as it is a 2002 IT HAS TO BE A GEN II, WITH OUT QUESTION..................

02' not 92' now i am really red faced.

this is scary that i read it as 92'. For sure i won;t post to anymore questions for today at least.

I am truly sorry for any confusion i caused to the op and anyone else who reads this thread.

Was not my intent.

Last edited:

Chiefalen: Time to put on your glassses or clean them. I can't read squat w/o mine. I used to be able to see micro organisms in a drop of pond water w/o glasses. That was 42 years ago. Youth is wasted on the young! Now I know why grandma always said it.

Thanks Guy for the kind words. Ghost thank you for being gentle with me, i am red faced beyond words.

The original poster doesn't want wrong replys he wants the right info. no mistakes.

Once again if there was confusion it was on my part.

No more blue pills for me.

Or no more blue pills and posting the day after " wink "

Back