Logo

Conclusion upgrading 30 to 40 HP Mariner 1995

olivierhegy

"Bonjour

First of all I wo

"Bonjour

First of all I would like to thank Graham Lamb for his support in this matter.

What I have understood from him, is that I have to replace my Mariner carburetor 30 HP version electric by an WME-67 (Mariner carburator 40 HP version electric) and then changed the associated reeds. The old one reeds replaced by the new one reed associated with WME-67 should fit with the 30 HP engine block even if their holes are larger than the previous reeds (30 HP version) . indeed the old one reed were covering more than new one on the 30 HP engine bloc. Is that correct.
Merci encore,
Cordialement, Olivier

Stand Open (Maximum) 0.020 in. (0.508 mm) Reed Stop -- Model 30 0.090 in. (2.286 mm) -- Model 40 Not Adjustable"

"Yes, the reed block (cage

"Yes, the reed block (cage) for the 40 horse should fit the 30 perfectly. With the exception of the carb and the reed assembly all other specs on the motors are identical.

The new reeds will allow the additional fuel/air mixture required for the extra horses to get into the crankcase.

And yes, the Walbro, WME-67 would be the carb for a 40 horse electric start (replaces the WME-63 on the 30 - or the WME-36/36A which was the old/original carb on the 30 depending on year).

The only other note I will add is that we have discussed all of this "hypothetically" - because it is against the law in most countries to alter or modify an outboard motor to a horsepower greater than what it was originally emission tested at
"

"Merci, Thank you Gramham, I

"Merci, Thank you Gramham, I will let you know the result.
About regulation, in FRANCE my boat is certified up to 40 HP so I hope I will not be out of law just if I well declare to 'Autorite Maritime France' the new power.

Thank you again, Merci et a bientot.
Olivier"

Back