Logo

coil info

schoo

Contributing Member
can anyone give some info on past threads about coils testing-performance. or even new posts on coil testing

The coils on your motor are known to crack with time / age.-------------They are cheap to replace as well.------------The best way to test the performance / output of them is to find a shop that has a ----MERC-O-TRONIC ---ignition analyzer.

have coils on bench from parts engine i think that they may have been hit with 12 voits, no cracks through

have found some info @ fluke tools, but sometimes reading others posts help shade tree, well almost shade tree mac's

yea the wire may have been a problem replaced one side but not other, engine is like new and hard to change everything just because of time

have spark tester and have about 1/2, have gen from my 63 40hp the 61 didn't have gen. with my boat i'm trying to keep the weight under control so may leave gen off the only electric needed is for start, no lights, no gages. boat was hot in it's day raced some in the 50's. what's your lark on?

yes have a couple wires free, noticed that a gray wire (looks gray eyes are old)was connected to one of the black wires it goes to the temp sensor, have no gage so that one is disconnected or is it a over heat protection?? don't have a elect diagram in my book for my harness. my harness is manuel shift, no gen. book only has gen, manuel shift or elect shift, gen. so i have a little guessing going on here electrical worked w[th other power head

thanks kimcrwbr1 thats what i have on mine except no red have brown and green, two blacks and the white other wires for accessories? the harness was already made up when i got it 24 yrs ago worked good for that 61' lark111. had another boat during that time i used, so the torpedo was parked. now have to shakeout the cobwebs and it costs money, noticed last time i ran the engine that fuel was leaking from tank! rebuild that

Back