Logo

ChryslerMitsubishi CM655NA marine diesel

guido

" Chrysler/Mitsubishi CM655NA

" Chrysler/Mitsubishi CM655NA marine diesel engine 130 HP. I would like to learn general opinions of owners & mechanics of this engine. How common they are,how long it has been out of prodution, reliabilty, typical known chronic problems, who are sources of parts in the USA etc. Any information is highly appreciated. "

"Guido,

Hopefully someone c

"Guido,

Hopefully someone can offer you some first hand information on that engine...

We do offer Service and Parts manuals for it if you need them.

I have been told that Blue Ridge Marina works on those engines... but the two times I called them about it they never returned my call. Their number is 800-621-2215.

Regards,
Andrew"

Keith at Blue Ridge has been

Keith at Blue Ridge has been very helpful to me. I own four cm-655s and one 4ds50. These engines were used extensively as agricultural engines 6ds7 (block) The run great as long as you do not overheat them. I am very happy with them. Three are wet turbos and one is natural. Many bayliner 38 footers have these engines. THey were available through the later 80's. outlet flange on turbo is a problem. They have been good to me. Good Luck

I HAVE A MITSUBISHI 6DS7 CHRYS

I HAVE A MITSUBISHI 6DS7 CHRYSLER DIESEL ON MY BOAT AND I AM LOOKING FOR THE ENGINE MANUAL AND ALSO FOR PARTS; COULD ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

"I work for a Mitsubishi distr

"I work for a Mitsubishi distributor and have emailed Mitsubishi direct about this engine. The information provided will most likely be the Chrysler information not the mitsubishi model. If you look under the injection lines or around the injection pump area you will find it casted in the block. I will update this when I get more infromation from Mitsubishi as to what engine they used for this build.
www.kraftpower.com"

I am looking for an exhaust ma

I am looking for an exhaust manifold for a CM655NA Chrysler-Mitsu. Does anybody know where to look?

I am looking for a raw water p

I am looking for a raw water pump for a CM655. actually I need two. If impossible does anyknow how they can be fixed?

"I have two CM655 engines, 130

"I have two CM655 engines, 130 HP, non-turbo. Have them on a Hatteras DC 41' and they have run very well for me. You may want to look at the injectors. Pull one or two (it's pretty easy) go to any diesel shop for their inspection. If they are dirty and it has been a while since done last, you may want to go ahead and get them all serviced. It will be about $50 an injector if you pull them yourself. I have also replaced the hand pump.

I have also worked with Blue Ridge. I was happy with their work and Keith was also helpful to me. Be a little careful when dealing with them. Keith is a sales guy first and may try to tend to push unnecessary work at you.

There is also a place in Long Island, NY that sells parts for the 655s. I think it is called Lighthouse Marine. They are easy to work with."

Re: I am looking for an exhaust ma

I can make these turbo exhaust manifolds if anyone needs them. 90 degree SS. For 4” Exhaust Tubing
713 203 0299. 1-2week lead. $1000 each. Ships from Los Angeles CA

Back