Ewangonzalles
New member
Hi all,
During sea trial the Port engine inlet manifold temp runs ~90°C (alarm set at 85°C). Starboard under same load is normal. I need ideas on possible causes.
Details
What I have done
Question:
What could cause the inlet manifold to run high on just one side while aftercooler coolant temps and boost look normal?
During sea trial the Port engine inlet manifold temp runs ~90°C (alarm set at 85°C). Starboard under same load is normal. I need ideas on possible causes.
Details
- Engine: CAT C32 SCAC
- Load: ~100%, 2200 rpm
- Coolant temp: ~89–90°C
- Aftercooler coolant in/out: 55°C → 65°C (Port same as Stbd)
- Boost: ~200 kPa (similar both sides)
- Fuel rate: ~293 L/h
- Engine hours: ~4735 h
What I have done
- Swapped inlet manifold temp sensor — no change
- Swapped heat exchanger — no change
- New aftercooler core fitted — no change
- Fresh check on FW pump — OK
- Tappet clearance adjusted
- No obvious difference in seawater cooling performance vs starboard
Question:
What could cause the inlet manifold to run high on just one side while aftercooler coolant temps and boost look normal?

