Logo

Carburetor issues I hope

poolside1960

Hello,My son picked himself up a small fishing boat .
It has a little 1994 mercury force on it .
So It only wants to run at higher speeds
And I'm a bit confused on how the fuel gets
To the Idle mixture screw adjustment area
I ended up popping the Welch plug on the top of the carb
Which reveled the 3 small holes that go into the throat of the carb
I'm assuming there is a passage just below the main metering jet that goes up to where there is a plastic screw ,an air jet ,and a fuel jet that all arrive to the area under the Welch plug
All my passages are clean
I guess my question is behind where the tube from the primer bulb attaches is a plug with a small hole in it...gas runs out of it
This didn't make any sense to me

I'm assuming there is a passage just below the main metering jet that goes up to where there is a plastic screw ,an air jet ,and a fuel jet that all arrive to the area under the Welch plug
I guess my question is behind where the tube from the primer bulb attaches is a plug with a small hole in it...gas runs out of it
The plug with the hole is left of item # 22

It sounds like the issue could be related to the carburetor float or needle valve, causing fuel overflow. Double-check these components for proper operation to ensure correct fuel levels. If you're on a budget, https://canadianwritings.com/discounts is the place to go. They offer great discounts on their writing services. I used their service for an essay and was very pleased with the quality of work and the affordable price. The customer support team was also very responsive. Highly recommended!
All good now?

Back