Logo

Carburetor force 9.9hp.

rds_poland

Hi,
I have questions about carburetor force 9.9hp.
Under load, the engine does not reach full speed.
There is only one screw on the carburetor. I understand that it is used to adjust the mixture. In my opinion, the engine mixture is too rich.
Carburetor similar to the one in the photo.

1304855772T.jpg
mercury_1304-855772T_addl_1.jpg

Tkanks!

That would be the idle mixture screw.----Post the results of a compression test.-----And does spark jump a gap of at least 5/16" ( 8 mm ) on both leads using a test device.

That would be the idle mixture screw.----Post the results of a compression test.-----And does spark jump a gap of at least 5/16" ( 8 mm ) on both leads using a test device.
Compesor test:
Cyl1: 7,95 bar (115psi)
Cyl2: 8,15 bar (118psi)

Ignition is okay. I install new spark. No problems with the ignition system.

Where is the main mixture set in this carburetor?

Probably got the wrong prop for the load.
You can adjust the air screw all day long but if the motors not set up for the boat/load it will always be a slug :(
Pitch of the prop now?? If it's a 9p then go to a 7p
Or contact Michigan Propeller or Solas propeller and give them the specs and they should be able to suggest the right prop.

The main jet is inside the carburetor.-----Not adjustable.-----It may be plugged.-----Start this motor in a barrel.----Pull one plug wire off at a time.-----What happens?

Sorry, I've been away for a few days. The carburetor was cleaned again (there was dirt again). Works well in a barrel of water. I'll check it out on the river in 2 weeks. Thank you all for your advice.

Back