Logo

Carbuerator problem

aviator173

"hey guy's i am new to boa

"hey guy's i am new to boating so bear with me, my engine (78 evinrude 85 hp) would not idle,just start and then die a few seconds later. replaced the fuel, checked the lines and then rebuilt the carb. now the prime bulb won't get hard and fuel spills from the carb. any help is appreciated"

Stongly recommend a manual. H

Stongly recommend a manual. How many carbs does this motor have? Did you service all of them? Is the problem with just one?

"THANKS! I have reajusted the

"THANKS! I have reajusted the float ( correctly this time) and it maintained pressure on the bulb without losing fuel out of the carb. to answer sleeper's question it has two, two barrel carbs and i serviced both of them. after a couple attempts it fired right up and stayed running after manually ajusting the throttle, i guess i have to figure out how to adjust that now. i did purchase a seloc online manual but it was of minor help."

The factory manual is wonderfu

The factory manual is wonderful. You can buy older ones on Ebay. Good luck!

"I need HELP!! I have a 1978 j

"I need HELP!! I have a 1978 johnson 6 hp and a few weeks ago I was going up river and the motor started loosing power and I eased up off the throttle and it died and I could'nt get it started again. I rebuilt the carb, got new gas, and it still wont start and this black oily stuff is comeing out of the exhaust and the part where the water gets sucked in at. How can I fix it?"

"Visitor....Go to the previous

"Visitor....Go to the previous page, then to the Blue Bar at the bottom of that page. Click on Start New Discussion. That will enable you to enter your question in your own topic which will appear at the top of the page. Check compression and spark... what is it? Describe the spark etc. Did the engine overheat? As your post stands, it's buried under someone eles's problem,/post."

Back