Logo

Can't find the replacement part(s) or diagram for this disconnected PCV valve/hose

captain Sly

New member
New boat owner, trying my hand at fixing what seems to be a simple hose problem myself, but after spending a few hours looking at part diagrams online for every possible variation of my engine name, I can't seem to find the right parts to order.

I have an '87 Sea Ray Weekender 300 with twin Mercruiser 5.7 V-8 350 CID rated at 260 HP each. My engine, all of a sudden, started idling at over 1000RPM so I opened the hatch and found that the hose in the picture was disconnected. That hose is apparently connected to a PCV valve but I can't find that on any diagram.

Can anyone please guide me in how to find/research the right parts to order to replace the valve and hose?

Thanks so much

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-17 at 9.47.58 AM.jpeg
 
That black plastic tubing connects to the "PCV" which is hollow and then connect to the flame arrestor cover or air cleaner tubing connector if equips.
This directs crankcase ventilation to be sucked into carb and into combustion.
Based on the tubing being solid the Flame arrestor should have connections for one from each side (2) total.

See item 10 and item 39.
Link is for reference for 1987 sm bl V8

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/m...9/carburetor-throttle-linkage-rochester-4-bbl
 
All the ventilation plumbing is on the atmosphere's side of the throttle valve...so it shouldn't have any impact on the idle RPM...
 
Back
Top