Logo

Can't find parts for older Mercury 4 hp serial # 0B100631 Please help!

idler

Member
Hi, I can't even find this serial number listed on Mercury's site. I'm looking for the mail fuel jet in the carburetor. The outboard is a 4 hp serial # 0B100631. Why wouldn't Mercury have this serial # on their site? Sure would help to find other parts. Anyway, thanks for any info you guys can share!
 
Thanks for the info. It looks like I can get the Jet but the gasket is not available anywhere. After all this searching, I'm wondering if this is even the right carburetor for this engine? All the pics I'm seeing are of a different type of carb. Here's a few pics. Any thoughts? Thanks. Edit...sorry, couldn't attach pics.
 
Thanks for the info. It looks like I can get the Jet but the gasket is not available anywhere. After all this searching, I'm wondering if this is even the right carburetor for this engine? All the pics I'm seeing are of a different type of carb. Here's a few pics. Any thoughts? Thanks. Edit...sorry, couldn't attach pics.
What part numbers are you looking for?
Meant to post the link to Marine Engine .com parts catalog (this website we're on) earlier as it offers aftermarket Sierra Marine part numbers too when available.
 
I don't know the part number. On the expanded view of the tillotson carbon, it is identified as part 32. But when you scroll through the list of parts, it skips from 31 to 34. Probably because it's not available. So there is no part number listed. Thanks again.
 
I don't know the part number. On the expanded view of the tillotson carbon, it is identified as part 32. But when you scroll through the list of parts, it skips from 31 to 34. Probably because it's not available. So there is no part number listed. Thanks again.
Gotcha, number 32 ought to come inside one of the two carb gasket kits that are available which ought to be why it doesn’t offer it’s own part number.

In the marine engine site the first top two before item number one starts is of the two gasket kits available…In the first linked parts the gasket kits are listed at the very bottom of the parts list.

# — 3741 — REPAIR PARTS KIT ( required per assembly)
1399-3741 - REPAIR PARTS KIT   - Replaced by 1395-92621
1399-3741
1399-3741 - Carburetor Repair Kit [ More info ]
Unavailable
REPAIR KIT-CARB 1395-92621
1395-92621
About Mercury Marine
OEM Part
1395-9262 1 - Carburetor Repair Kit - See Notes On Detail Page [ More info ]
Add to shopping cart$101.54
3 In Stock.
# — 1717 — GASKET AND PACKING SET ( required per assembly)
GASKET SET 1399-1717
1399-1717
About Mercury Marine
OEM Part
1399-1717 - Carburetor Gasket Set [ More info ]
Add to shopping cart$12.90
7 In Stock.
CARB GASKET KIT
18-7006-1
About Sierra Marine
OEM Match
18-7006-1 - Carburetor Gasket Set, 1399-1717 and 1399-2015 [ More info]
Add to shopping cart$8.99 $8.14
10+ In Stock.

 
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm still not sure about the gasket for this main fuel jet. Does anyone know if this is a copper gasket or a rubber type gasket? Thanks.
 
Back
Top