Logo

can anyone identify year and case size of my lower unit ?

greasemonkeyjmj

Contributing Member
I have a 1987 Evinrude 48 SPL. I am wanting to change out props to go with a different pitch, but Someone has put a different year lower unit on the engine and I am trying to find out what year/size so I can get the correct prop Apparently the shift rod operates backwards than my original lower due to the fact that I have to run a homemade linkage setup someone built, or the shifter on my remote operates backwards. everyone i look at online has the round holes above the cavitation plate, mine has 4 vertical slots on each side instead. thanks
 
Additional info. mine is on the right, the one on the left is what the schematics show mine should look like $_57.jpglower.jpg
 
I am glad to know that I am not crazy,I knew when i took off their homemade Linkage and put on the correct parts that it was backwards and I could think of no other reason that that.

So I guess My case would be considered the large Gearcase with a 13 spline shaft ?
 
Back
Top