Logo

C/D/E Interchange?

Will the DP-C intermediate housing interchange with a DP-E ... :confused:

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to mix/match....... but you may want to know this:

The C, C1 and C2 transmissions will use the large driven gear bearing....... same as the E transmission. IOW, the E will bolt up to the C Intermediate housing (it must be shimmed correctly).
The C, C1 and C2 lower gear units will interchange with any Intermediate housing...... even back to the 250 drive (but again...., it must be shimmed correctly).

However, the E transmission reduction is not the same as the C and all other transmissions (a bit more reduction).
The E is typically used behind the smaller Diesel engines.
IOW...... if you use the E transmission, the final or over-all gear reduction will NOT be what you may think it should be.

This was done to allow a 1.95:1 DP lower gear unit to offer a 2.30:1 final reduction without using the smaller lower unit "drive" gear of the 2.30:1 DP lower unit. (a 2.30:1 DP lower gear unit is not as stout as the 1.95 or 1.78)

Also note the exhaust outlet of the E lower gear unit housing!

I had a 'C' intermediate for sale. I knew it would fit a 'D', but a potential buyer wanted to know if it would fit an 'E'. I said IDK and he bought it anyway ...

Back