timweidner
New member
I am trying to get my dad's Johnson Seahorse 2.5 HP Model HD25 back in service.<br><br>I found a recoil starter on eBay and replaced the cord, now that works great. I put new plugs in it, pulled the lower unit, cleaned it out, reinstalled it and filled it with new fluid. I found reproduction carburetor gaskets, so I took the carburetor off and replaced the gaskets. I noticed the float in the float bowl is a wooden plug! It looked good, so I put the bowl back together with a new gasket, but I see a rod/wire coming out the top of the bowl that was just bent slightly, possibly to keep the float off the bottom of the bowl? When I prime the carb, fuel gushes out the top of the bowl around the rod/wire, so I am guessing that something is missing there? The motor did start and ran smoothly for me, but the carb is leaking badly at the float bowl.<br><br>I have a reproduction instruction manual on order, but I think I really need a service manual to dig into this. Does anyone know where to find one, or has anyone seen and resolved the fuel leak issue described above?<br><br>Thanks!

